Friday, December 16, 2011

A Day at the Movies

So I saw "Mission Impossible 4" in IMAX. I rarely see anything the day it opens, but my mom and I loved the first one and really liked the third one. (The second one was almost unwatchable.)

I had forgotten how amazing and big the screen is; the picture seems to go all the way to the floor and finally just disappears behind the first row of seats.  I can only imagine how awesome it would be in 3D.  On the other hand, the screen is so big, you can't see the entire thing at once. My eyes were constantly moving, trying to take in everything. It kind of gave me a headache. Not too bad, though. Anyway . . .

The movie itself was pretty good. It's exactly what you expect it to be: lots of action, lots of shooting, lots of cool gadgets (kind of like Bond movies before Daniel Craig). I loved Simon Pegg's character; I hope he stays on. I wish there had been more of Jeremy Renner's character, especially considering he's supposed to be taking over the franchise. I also didn't care for the ending in Seattle; it was a little cheesy.

Overall, it was a good movie that I'll most likely watch a few times on Netflix.

Here's the trailer if you're interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment